GITEP SCITT is a unique collaboration between all the secondary schools in Gloucestershire who work together in a SCITT (school centred initial teacher training provider). Created in 1997, GITEP SCITT is well established and very highly regarded, offering QTS, PGCE, School Direct Fee Paying and School Direct Salaried routes into teaching. The training offered by GITEP SCITT was judged outstanding by Ofsted in 2015/16.
Most SCITTs are based around one school or one teaching school alliance. Drawing on all 40 secondary schools in the county, as well as some in neighbouring counties, GITEP SCITT is a strategic partner in seven teaching school alliances:
- Balcarras Teaching School Partnership (Balcarras School)
- Odyssey Teaching School Partnership (Pate’s Grammar School)
- Forest Teaching Alliance (Dene Magna School)
- Cotswold Edge Teaching Alliance (Marling School)
- The Crypt School Teaching Alliance
- The Cotswold Teaching School Partnership (The Cotswold School)
- Sir Thomas Rich’s School Teaching School Partnership
A SCITT has to have an accredited school and ours is St Peter’s RC High School, Gloucester. As a partner of GITEP SCITT, the University of Bristol, which was also judged ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted in 2007/08, awards the PGCE we offer.