Congratulations to GITEP partner schools
GITEP is very fortunate to work with a wide range of brilliant partner schools. Gloucestershire is a great place to be a secondary school pupil and indeed a trainee teacher!
The Sunday Times Parent Power Guide 2020 names Pate’s Grammar School as its State
Secondary School of the Year. Along with Pate’s, there are 6 other GITEP partner schools listed among the top 20 in the South West, with Balcarras School the top comprehensive.
We are very proud to work with all these schools and really value the support they provide for GITEP.
GITEP exists to recruit and train teachers for our partner schools. Over the last three years 32 of our trainees have gone on to find employment in one of the seven schools listed and we hope that they have contributed to the success of the schools.
Top state secondary schools in the South West:
1. Pate’s Grammar School, Cheltenham
2. Colyton Grammar School
3. Stroud High School
4. Denmark Road High School, Gloucester
5. Bishop Wordsworth’s School, Salisbury
6. Sir Thomas Rich’s School, Gloucester
7. South Wilts Grammar School for Girls
8. Torquay Girls’ Grammar School
9. Torquay Boys’ Grammar School
10. Bournemouth School for Girls
11. Poole Grammar School
12. Bournemouth School
13. Parkstone Grammar School, Poole
14. Marling School, Stroud
15. Devonport High School for Girls, Plymouth
16. The Crypt School, Gloucester
17. Balcarras School, Cheltenham
18. Bristol Cathedral Choir School
19. Churston Ferrers Grammar School, Brixham
20. Devonport High School for Boys, Plymouth